I have seen many sales professionals cribbing about Luck!! (My luck is not favoring me that’s why I am not able to achieve my targets, He is lucky, where ever he goes he gets the order) What is luck in Sales? Do you really believe that its your luck that is resisting you from achieving your Goals? Are you really putting the effort required to achieve your sales goal.
In my opinion luck plays a very little role in sales. It is your daily effort and commitment that counts. It is really easy to label someone “Lucky” but do you really understand the effort he/she has put to achieve that label.Just try and analyse how much task have you done or how much effort have you put in, to achieve your sales goals. Most of us would just rely on few leads and would expect them to close and become lucky. The bigger your funnel is, the bigger your pipeline is, the better is the chance for you to achieve your sales goals and hence become so called “Lucky”. It’s just your hard work and your commitment toward your daily sales activities that makes you achieve your targets.In sales, effort usually comes before results in most cases. In other words, you have to do the activity first, before you can reap the rewards later.
Steps to create Luck in Sales:
As you must have read in my previous blogs about these steps but I will again put together theses essential steps for you to have better understanding
1) Sales Funnel : Work hard on your sales funnel and try to have as much leads as possible. More the leads you have, the better is the chance of closure. Just working on few leads would not help and you will be left with nothing but crib.
2) Database : Try to make your database as accurate and precise as possible. so that you clearly know your target segment rather than just aiming in dark.
3) Cold Calling : Work on your cold calling skill. Have a clear understanding of your product as well as target market. Because that first few seconds will make a lot of difference and it will decide for your future interaction with the client.
4) Follow Up : Follow is the most crucial and important ingredient for any sales cycle. So be very aggressive in follow up.
5) Motivation: Be a motivated sales professional and always have a go getter attitude.
And yes focus and commitment is the must for you to succeed in Sales.
Successful people are lucky and they have planned for their luck. Unsuccessful sales people are due to their lack of effort and take it easy attitude. Nothing comes to you without hard work and dedication.
The harder I practice, the luckier I get’. It’s normally down to something else, rather than just ‘luck’ or ‘fate’.